Reason to Convert MP4 to M4V
MP4 is an Apple supported video format, Though many players and devices claim they support playing MP4 files with no problems. however, sometimes you can’t play MP4 files in QuickTime/iTunes/Apple TV, or MP4 can’t be recognized by your iPhone, iPad, iPod etc. As for MP4 files with their unknown codec, they fail to play them.
Best Software to Convert MP4 to M4V through Win or MacOS Sierra
If your MP4 files are compressed in other codecs, or the video parameters exceed the limits, so intend to play any MP4 file on any Apple device freely, you have to convert MP4 to M4V to import to QuickTime or play on your portable devices. Fortunately, you don’t have to be an expert to convert MP4 to M4V. A recommended way is to convert MP4 to Apple devices supported M4V with a good MP4 to M4V Converter.
Supposing you need to convert your stored video files to M4V or MP4 format for playback on iPhone 6S, iPad mini 4 Retina, iPad Pro, Galaxy S6 Edge +, etc, the acclaimed Swiss Army Knife Pavtube Video Converter Ultimate is the shoulder you can rely on, which will aid you not only to convert video to M4V, MP4, but also AVI, MOV, FLV, MKV, etc. with 320+ video and 50+ audio codec assistance. Here is review.
* Integrate with BDMagic, DVDAid, and any Video Converter.
* Convert Blu-ray/DVD 3D/2D movies in batch to MP4, M4V, MOV, AVI, MKV, WMV, MPG, VOB, DV files with 3D/2D effects.
* Support all Video files (MTS, TS, M2TS, M2T, MKV, MXF, AVI, VOB, MPG, M4V, WMV, FLV, VRO, EVO, M2V, 3GP, MOV) to to any file formats for palying, editing and sharing
* Add *.srt, *.ass, or *.ssa subtitle files to BD/DVD movie or videos.
* Directly copy the latest releases of Blu-ray/DVD movies in fast speed.
* Help enjoy BD/DVD movies & camcorder videos on iOS/Android/Windows Tablets & Phones, and HD Media Players.
* For Mac users, you can turn to Pavtube iMedia Converter for Mac for further ueage (including El Capitan).
Guides to Convert MP4 to M4V on Windows and MacOS Sierra
The following is an easy step on how to convert any MP4 to M4V with a powerful MP4 to M4V Converter on Windows and MacOS Sierra.
Free Download Top MP4 to M4V Converter:
- Pavtube old official address: http://www.pavtube.cn/blu-ray-video-converter-ultimate/
- Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-Video-Converter-Ultimate/3000-2194_4-75938564.html
Step 1: Import MP4 Video files.
Click “Add File” icon on main menu to browse your computer hard drive and load MP4 videos. This MP4 to M4V converter also supports drag & drop MP4 files to the program. Once it’s finished, you’ll be presented with a screen that displays added videos, as shown below.
Step 2. Choose M4V as output video format
As both iPad Air and Apple TV 3 supports M4V format, just go to the format list to find M4V option.
For watching MTS on iPad Air, click the format bar to follow “iPad” ＞ “iPad Air Full HD Video (*.mp4).”
For playing MTS videos via Apple TV 3, click the format bar to follow “Apple TV” ＞ “Apple TV H.264 920*1080 (*.m4v).”
Step 3: Convert MP4 to M4V
Convert MP4 to M4V by pressing the “Convert” button on the bottom-right corner of this app. It’s done. After conversion, find the converted files in the output folder. Just transfer them to iTunes, iPhone, iPad, and iPod etc for uses (You can also see 2016 best iPad Pro Video Player apps).
For more Apple TV related topics such as Apple TV supported file formats, Apple TV related hot issues, Apple TV video/audio playback solution, please visit our Apple TV page.
Much wonderful software bundled with Video Converter Ultimate will provide you more amazing experience in converting videos. Go to Money Saving Software Bundles to get special offer for more software, such as ByteCopy + Video Converter Ultimate = Only $79.9, Save $27.1, Video Converter Ultimate($65) + ChewTune($29) = Only $74.9, Save $19.1 and so on.
MP4 vs M4V: Comparison between MP4 and M4V
* Both MP4 and M4V are MPEG-4 file format and compatible with many players and devices.
* MP4 appears much earlier than M4V.
* MP4 files are free while M4V files are DRM protected.
* MP4 has higher compatibility with players and devices than M4V format as M4V files are mainly supported on Apple iPhone, iPod, iPad, Apple TV, QuickTime.
Note: Though the majority of M4V files are protected by Apple’s DRM protection, there are still some non-FairPlay versions of its files available on iTunes, which can be purchased and then transferred to other devices freely as if they were MP4 files. Once the M4V DRM protection removed, there is seemingly no practical difference between M4V and MP4.
Reason to Convert MP4 to M4V