The long wait is over – Apple has taken the wraps off its new flagship smartphone. Read on for all the details of iPhone 6, including specs and features.
Apple on Tuesday unveiled two new, bigger iPhones, just as all the leaks suggested, including the 4.7-inch iPhone 6 and the 5.5-inch iPhone 6 Plus. The increase in screen size isn’t the only change coming to the iPhone line, so in what follows you can check out the full set of specs for the 4.7-inch iPhone 6 model.
For the latest breaking news from Apple’s huge event, be sure to check out our event hub!
- Size: 138.1 x 67 x 6.9mm
- Weight: 129g
- 4.7-inch Retina HD LCD LED-backlit display with 1334 x 750 resolution (326ppi) with ion-strenthened glass and 38% more pixels than iPhone 5s
- 64-bit 20-nanometer Apple A8 processor (20% faster CPU, 50% faster graphics)
second-generation M8 motion coprocessor
- 16/64/128GB of storage
- 8-megapixel camera with True Tone flash, 1.5micron pixels, f/2.2 aperture, digital image stabilization, cinematic video stabilization and continuous autofocus video
- new 1.2-megapixel FaceTime HD camera
- Wi-Fi 802.11ac and Wi-Fi calling
- 150Mbps LTE support (up to 20 LTE bands and VoLTE)
- Touch ID fingerprint sensor embedded in the Home button
- Battery life (50 hours of audio, 11 hours of video/Wi-Fi browsing, 10 days of standby)
- iOS 8 and Apple Pay support
The iPhone 6 will be available in silver, gold and space gray beginning with September 19 in various countries, with on-contract prices starting at $199 for the 16GB model, $299 for the 64GB version and $399 for the 128GB model. Special Apple-made cases for the new model will also be available to buyers, priced at $45 (leather cases) and $35 (silicone cases).