iPads family has plenty of members: the new iPad Air 3, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 1, iPad Pro, iPad Mini 4, iPad Mini 3, iPad 4, etc. None of the iPads family can play WMV movies directly since the video formats that can be played by iPads are restricted to MP4, MOV, M4V, H.264 and MPEG4. Wondering how to import WMV to iPad without much effort? Don’t worry. There is always a way out.
Actually, the WMV incompatibility problem could be resolved as easy as rolling off a log if you have a sound iPad video converter owning the ability to convert WMV to iPad compatible video format. So, a blue-ribbon WMV to iPad Video Converter is highly recommended for you. This video converter program can help you convert any videos, such as MP4, AVI, FLV, MKV, AVCHD, MTS, M2TS, WMV, etc to iPad playable format with super fast speed and zero quality loss.
Note: Convert WMV to Other Devices: If you are iPad, iPod, iPhone, Android Phone, Zune, and other portable device users, you can also enjoy .wmv files with your devices, This Best WMV Converter has 280+ profiles infused, this iPad video converter not only can convert WMV to iPad, but also can download and convert any HD movies video to all iPads, including iPad Air 3, iPad mini 4, iPad Pro, as well as iPhone 6S/6/6 Plus/5S/5C, iPod, iMovie, Apple TV 4, Android gadgets, be it Samsung Galaxy S7 (Edge)/S6 (Edge)/S5/Note 4, HTC One M9, etc. Just Pick up some money saving boundles from Pavtube official website.
4 Simple Steps to Convert Your WMV Video File to Play On Your iPad Air/ iPad Mini/ iPad Pro/ iPad
For this “how to” we used the Pavtube iPad Video Converter - as our absolute favorite iPad video converter due to its speed, the simplicity of the interface, the quality of the output file, and its ability to convert any format to iPad. That said, there are many iPad video converter options available – here’s a list of our highest recommended iPad DVD & Video Converters – so whichever one you choose, you should be able to achieve similar results following these steps.
Step 1: Install the WMV to iPad Video Conversion Program
Download the Pavtube WMV to iPad Video Converter:
- Pavtube old official address: http://www.pavtube.cn/blu-ray-video-converter-ultimate/
- Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-Video-Converter-Ultimate/3000-2194_4-75938564.html
- Install it to your system
- Mac Users :check out our list of Mac-friendly iPad Converters - iMedia Converter for Mac
Step 2 : Run the WMV to iPad Video Conversion Program
- Add WMV File : You’ll find a simple-to-use interface where you can browse for your WMV video file by clicking “Add File” button. The Pavtube WMV to iPad Converter supports batch conversion, you can add multiple WMV files to the list. To join several videos into one, check off the “Merge into one” box.
- Output To : Choose your iPad output in the “Profile” pull-down menu. For example: The video preset under iPad > iPad Air Full HD Video(*.mp4) could fit on iPad Air, iPad Air 2 and iPad Air 3. This will give you a great-looking video and take the least amount of conversion time.
- Output Settings : To see/adjust the actual video conversion settings, click on the “Setting” button to open a separate page with all your video settings options: video and audio codec, resolution, format selection and bitrate adjustment. Please note the higher the bitrate is, the clearer the video is, and the larger the output file is. When you’re done, click “OK” to continue.
- Edit WMV Video (Optional) : This WMV to iPad video converter also provides you with simple editing functions. It allows you to trim video, crop play area, adjust video effects like brightness, saturation, contrast. Click the “Effect” button and you can fine-tune the video through dragging the slide bar.
- Start Conversion : Hit “Convert” and go get a snack. The conversion time will depend on several variables including: the duration of the video file, the speed of your computer, the codec you selected and the bitrate you set.
Step 3 : Transfer the Converted Video to Your iPad Air/ iPad Mini/ iPad Pro/ iPad using iTunes
- Attach your iPad to your computer
- Minimize the WMV to iPad converter and open your iTunes
- Choose where you want your new movie to go – on your iPad
- And iTunes will sync and put your new movie on your iPad
Step 4 : Play the Converted Video On Your iPad
- Show it to your friends and enjoy!
- “Rinse & Repeat” to convert and transfer more videos to your iPad
Learn Other Ways of how to play WMV video file on your iPad device.
Before you can start playing the WMV file on your iPad you will need to convert it first into a compatible format that the iOS can understand. If you have lots of videos files that you would like to import into the device then there are several apps out there that you could use.
1. HandBrake - This app can accept most video format and will output it into an MP4(M4V) and MKV. Also you could queue up all the video you wish to convert and then you could walk away, wait for it to finish and then import them into your iPad.
2. Big Buck Bunny.
With the above apps video files will need to be convert first before you can watch it, and you have to convert every single video file. Alternatively if you want to make life easier for you, then you could use Air Video to watch the video directly without conversion at all.
3. Air Video – How To Play Video Without Conversion
4. WMV Player - You would use this app in a scenario where you are at a university and you need to view the the WMV video file directly on a website where you don’t have the luxury to convert it first. With WMV you could do the following:
- Plays wmv files attached in emails, directly from your Mail, Open In…wmv player
- Plays most wmv files directly from websites
- Plays wmv files stored on your computer
- Saves files downloaded in app to play instantly again
- Bookmark favorite websites and more…
So depending on your circumstances, you could try some of the above to watch WMV video file format. Source：here.
Converting WMV to iPad more popular formats is a widely and useful method to solve “iPad won’t play WMV” issue for most people. But it’s not the only way to go. You can turn to some WMV Players like Movie Player, VLC media player for iOS. One disadvantage of this approach is that all these players are only compatible with several formats, not all. Once your source files are incompatible with the player you already purchase, you have to pay for another one.