Info about Apple TV
- Type: Digital Media Player
- Developer: Apple Inc.
- Connectivity: Apple TV streams video through an HDMI cable (Type A) connected to the TV’s HDMI port.
- AirPlay: With peer-to-peer AirPlay, guests can wirelessly and quickly connect to your Apple TV without being on the same network or signing in with a password.
|Models||1st generation||2nd generation||3rd generation||3rd generation Rev. A|
|Release date(s)||January 9, 2007||September 1, 2010||March 7, 2012||January 28, 2013|
Whole Solution about Play on Apple TV
A. Format issues
- Solve Apple TV Can’t Play MP4 Video Issue?
- Convert H.265/HEVC video to Apple TV 3
- Play Tivo shows via Apple TV 3 on Mac
- Is there a way of playing .avi files on Apple TV 3?
- Get MKV videos to play on Apple TV 3 with Dolby Digital 5.1
- Transfer ISO files to Apple TV 3 for playback via Plex
- How to play Blu-ray movies via Apple TV 3
- Stream DVD to Apple TV for watching on 16:9 display screen
B. Media Transfer
C. More useful Tips
- Watch Amazon Prime Instant Video on Apple TV
- How Do You Watch Netflix On your Apple TV
- Use AirPlay to Watch DVDs on my Apple TV
- 5 Common Apple TV Problems & Fixes
1. Want to play DVD movies on Apple TV, is that possible?
Q: I want to put some DVD movies onto Apple TV so that I can watch them on Apple TV. I inserted DVD on Macbook Air and launch iTunes, thinking it was only a matter of clicks, but I failed to copy the DVD movies to iTunes/Apple TV? Then I did search on Internet and found that I needed a DVD backup tool? Since I have not used such kind of software, is there any one could tell me is that possible to do this and how to? Appreciate your help.
A: I googled, and one of the Apple Team recommended Pavtube BDMagic for Mac even though it is not an Apple product. I guess it worthy a try.
2. Is it possible to rip Blu-ray to Apple TV 3 retaining the surround sound?
Q: I need to get my Blu-ray movie copied into M4V format for Apple TV 3 with surround sound, but have worked on this for quite a while but it’s a real challenge. Is there any suggestion?
A: To rip Blu-rays for Apple TV 3, you have so many choices as there’re many rippers online, just google and try the trials firstly. We’ve been running Pavtube ByteCopy to convert Blu-ray to ATV and trim out unneeded parts in sides. It support Blu-rays and we do get 5.1 sound; maybe you can give a shot.
3. How to take DVD ISO to Apple TV for playback?
Q: I already have hundred of ISO files. Often watch them on computer but now prefer to take them on our on Apple TV, what should I do? Just can’t afford to but from iTunes all the time.
A: ISO files are not supported by Apple TV so you cannot extract the movie to iTunes/ATV, thus you need an iSO to ATV Ripper, a powerful ISO extracting and ripping software, can help you easily rip ISO to MP4 for Apple TV with fast speed and excellent output quality.
4. How to solve no 5.1 Surround Sound issue from Apple TV?
Q: I use Apple TV. The files are for enjoyment. However, after updated my Apple TV, I found there is no 5.1 Audio when connecting Apple TV to Surround Sound System. Is there any way to play 5.1 surround sound via Apple TV? Anyone can give me the suggestion?
A: To get the perfect 5.1 surround sound from Apple TV, here offers you the best solution.
Compatible Facts with Apple TV
Updated to third generation, Apple TV starts to support 1080p output and offers H.264 1080p movies and video podcasts on iTunes. Check the whole supported formats of Apple TV below.
- H.264 up to 720p at 30 frames per second (1st & 2nd generation)
- H.264 up to 1080p at 30 frames per second (3rd generation)High or Main Profile level 4.0 or lower, Baseline profile level 3.0 or lower with AAC-LC audio up to 160 kbit/s per channel, 48 kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats.
- MPEG-4 up to 720×432 (432p) or 640×480 pixels at 30 frame/sMPEG-4 video up to 2.5 Mbit/s, 640×480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Simple Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 kbit/s, 48 kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats.
- Motion JPEG up to 720p at 30 frame/sMotion JPEG (M-JPEG) up to 35 Mbit/s, 1280×720 pixels, 30 frames per second, audio in ulaw, PCM stereo audio in .avi file format.
- HE-AAC (V1)
- AAC (16–320 kbit/s)
- FairPlay protected AAC
- MP3 (16–320 kbit/s, or optionally VBR)
- Audible (formats 2, 3, and 4)
- Apple Lossless
- Dolby Digital (5.1 surround sound pass-through) (aka AC-3)
More columns you may also like: