I want to transfer & convert my TiVo Premier recordings to Apple TV format at 1080p. I tested a freeware. Unfortunately it crashed on my first TiVo file import! They do not have any tech support, so I have to look around for one workable app.
Anyone here has any advice?
Actually, TiVo is an encrypted video format, that’s why few media players can play it well and some freeware can’t handle it. To convert TiVo to Apple TV, a professional TiVo converter is required.
Here I would rather recommend you a professional TiVo to Apple TV tool, named Pavtube Video Converter for Mac, it is a versatile video converter tool that can help you convert TiVo shows to Apple TV supported video keeping original quality as it provides the optimal presets for Apple TV 4, Apple TV 3, Apple TV 2 and Apple TV. Besides, you are allowed to edit the videos by trimming, cropping, adjust video effects, etc to get the wanted part and effects as you like. More than TiVo files, it can also support encoding MKV, WMV, AVI, FLV, MPG, VOB to Apple TV to meet your different needs. For Windows users, please get Pavtube Video Converter.
- Pavtube old official address: http://www.pavtube.com/video-converter-mac/
- Amazon Store Download: http://www.amazon.com/Pavtube-Video-Converter-Mac-Download/dp/B00QIBK0TQ
- Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-Video-Converter/3000-2194_4-76179460.html
- Pavtube old official address: http://www.pavtube.com/video_converter/
- Amazon Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-Video-Converter/3000-2194_4-75734821.html
- Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-Video-Converter/3000-2194_4-75734821.html
Step 1: Enter Media Access Key.
The copy protected Tivo recordings usually have a Media Access Key, you can find it by logging into your Tivo account at Tivo and clicking the “Media Access Key” link on the right side of the screen. Then hit the button on the main interface, in the pop out window, enter the Media Access Key for the Tivo files, then press the “OK” button.
Step 2: Import Tivo files.
After entering the Media Access Key, you can successfully import Tivo files by clicking “File” > “Load Video/Audio” or “Load from Folder” to the program.
Step 3: Define an output file format.
Go to “Format” drop-down bar, select Apple TV 4 playable format from “Apple TV” > “Apple TV 3 1080p Dolby Digital Pass-through(*.m4v) “.
Step 4: Start Tivo recordings to Apple TV 4 conversion process.
Press the right-bottom “Convert” button to carry out the conversion process.
Stream Tivo recordings to Apple TV 4 with AirPlay
When the conversion is over, hit the “Open” folder on the main interface to find and locate the converted files, then you can stream converted Tivo recordings to Apple TV 4 by enabling AirPlay through the iOS control center, select Apple TV from the menu and toggle the “mirroring” button. After the device image is “mirrored,” TiVo users can view recorded content on their Apple TV.
- How to Convert and Play Videos on Apple TV
- 5 Common Apple TV Problems & Fixes
- Stream any video from your Mac to an Apple TV
- Apple TV Supported Video Audio Formats
- How Do You Watch Netflix On your Apple TV
- Use AirPlay to Watch DVDs on my Apple TV