So if you happen to have some MTS/M2TS/M2T videos and want import these MTS/M2TS/M2T files to iTunes (iTunes 12 included), and possibly sync them to your iDevices later. you are not going to get what you want. From Apple’s website, MTS/M2TS/M2T formats are not supported by iTunes.
iTunes Compatible File Formats
iTunes Supported Video & Audio File
- Video: MOV, MP4, M4V, H.264 or MPEG-4 encoded
- Audio: MP3, M4A, AAC
iTunes Non-supported Video File
- AVI, FLV, MPG, MPEG, WMV, 3GP, VOB, MTS, MKV, 3G2, 3GPP, TS, TP, TRP, MTS, M2TS, DV, MOD, ASF, DAT, F4V, RM, RMVB, DivX, OGV, VRO, MXF….
So how to get MTS/M2TS/M2T video files to iTunes for smooth playback? Luckily, to solve this problem, one feasible way is to convert MTS/M2TS/M2T videosto iTunes compatible format first.
Convert MTS/M2TS/M2T to iTunes
To convert and import MTS/M2TS/M2T videos to iTunes, Pavtube Video Converter for Mac stands apart from the competitors for its low CPU useage, fast conversion speed and lossless image quality. With this program, you can convert MTS/M2TS/M2T to iTunes friendly MOV, MP4 etc video with only three steps. It also provides best formats for other devices like iPhone, iPad, QuickTime, Apple TV, NLEs etc for your better playing and editing.
Free download this MTS/M2TS/M2T video converter for iTunes
- Convert MTS/M2TS/M2T, AVI, MKV, MP4, MTS, MXF, H.265, FLV, WMV, XAVC, MPEG etc to iTunes supported video.
- Convert MTS/M2TS/M2T, AVI, MKV, MP4, MTS, MXF, FLV, WMV, XAVC, MPEG etc to iTunes, iPhone, iPad, QuickTime, Apple TV etc supported video.
- Convert MTS/M2TS/M2T, AVI, MKV, MP4, MTS, MXF, FLV, WMV, XAVC, MPEG etc to MP3, AAC, WMA etc.
- Convert MTS/M2TS/M2T to NLEs like FCP, iMovie, Premiere Pro, Avid Media Composer, Resolve etc.
- Basic MTS/M2TS/M2T video editing functions: split, merge, trim, crop, add watermark, adjust video effect, edit audio and insert subtitles.
- Allow you to complete the MTS/M2TS/M2T to iTunes conversion process with three simple clicks.
- Compatible with macOS Sierra, El Capitan Yosemite, Mavericks, Lion.
Detailed Guide to Convert MTS/M2TS/M2T video files to iTunes on Mac
Step 1. Add MTS/M2TS/M2T files to this MTS/M2TS/M2T to iTunes converter Mac
Simply drag-and-drop your MTS/M2TS/M2T file to the program window or go through “File > Load Media Files” to load MTS/M2TS/M2T video. You can add mulptile files at a time an convert them in batch.
Step 2. Select an iTunes compatible format
Now you should select a video format that works with iTunes, namely MOV, M4V or MP4. In case you want to tweak some video settings, you can click “Settings” button on the format icon to adjust such parameters as frame rate, bit rates, resolution, codecs etc.
Step 3. Convert MTS/M2TS/M2T to iTunes on Mac (macOS Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite and Mavericks Included)
Simply click the “Convert” button to start converting and everything else will be automated. If you have added quite a bunch of video files, it would take some time to convert. After that, you will get all converted videos on the iTunes library soon.
- How to Convert FLAC to iTunes on Mac (Yosemite included)?
- ISO to iTunes – Convert and Import ISO to iTunes on MacOS Sierra
- Convet and Import VOB files to iTunes library for syncing
- Video_TS iTunes solution: how to transfer Video_TS to iTunes
- How Do I Get Torrent Movies to iTunes on Windows/Mac?
- Upload AVCHD MTS/M2TS to YouTube with Best Formats and Settings
- Convert and Import Panasonic SDT750 AVCHD M2TS to FCP