Though Apple has offered 4K playback support on Mac. Even if you can add a 4K video to QuickTime player, it is still an exercise in frustration- content on the display appeared tiny. What you can do is to scale the 4K resolution and tweaking a setting. What’s more, if your 4K videos in a Mac unsupported format, it won’t work at all. In this case, what you need is to convert 4K video to QuickTime playable format first.
QuickTime supported video and audio formats
QuickTime supports a lot of media formats and codecs, with many more coming all the time. Take a look at the following video and audio formats and codecs that QuickTime Player can play in Mac OS X 10.6 or later.
As you can see, QuickTime can only support a handful of video formats natively. Then what would you do with your incompatible files, what if QuickTime Player can’t play a 4K Video? We are here to give you the good news that now you can use Pavtube Video Converter for Mac to transcode all 4K video formats to QuickTime supported video file formats like QuickTime mov for a faultless playback on QuickTime player.
- Support any video and audio formats.
- Edit video like a professional video editing program.
- Perform at the fastest conversion rate.
- Lossless conversion – no output quality loss.
- Compatible with macOS 10.12 Sierra, 10.11 El Capitan, 10.10 Yosemite, 10.9 Mavericks, 10.8 Mountain Lion, 10.7 Lion and 10.6 Snow Leopard.
Hot search: AVI to QuickTime, H.265 to QuickTime, VOB to QuickTime
- Pavtube old official address: http://www.pavtube.com/video-converter-mac/
- Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-Video-Converter/3000-2194_4-76179460.html
- Top4download.com: http://www.top4download.com/pavtube-video-converter-for-mac/iujpttsg.html
How to convert Valentine videos for QuickTime playback
Step 1. Add 4K Video Files
Launch the QuickTime Video Converter for Mac. Drag & drop 4K video files to the program directly and your files would be added instantaneously. Or you can head to the “Add video” button to locate the 4K videos you want to add.
Step 2. Set Output Format
Select output format in the “Format” bar. Here “Common Video -> MOV – QuickTime (*.mov)” is highly recommended as the output format.
Tips. Tweak video, audio settings
Click “Settings” button; you can adjust video and audio settings, including codec, aspect ratio, bit rate, frame rate, sample rate, and audio channel.
Step 5. Start 4K video to QuickTime conversion
Click “Convert” to let this smart converter start transcoding Valentine videos to QuickTime .mov on Mac. When the conversion is done, you can play the converted videos in QuickTime player without hassle.