You can’t avoid that you may push water to your iPhone 6 from time to time. When the issue occurs, there are measures you have to do to get water out of your iPhone 6 as soon as possible:
1. Remove it from the water immediately.
2. Turn your iPhone 6 off.
3. Dry it off with a towel.
5. Leave the device in the rice for at least 24 hours and preferably 48 hours. Hopefully, after 24 – 48 hours your iPhone 6 will have dried out, the logic board wasn’t damaged, and hopefully you can turn it on and the device will work.One day later, you need to check if your iPhone 6 is water damaged or not. The common symptoms of iPhone water damage are:
- Power and start-up issues: unable to turn on, restart immediately after turning on, or white screen of death.
- Hardware failure: speaker doesn’t work, microphone is disabled, or your iPhone is overheating.
- Warning messages: you may get one or more error messages when you use the iPhone, like “This accessory is not made to work with iPhone” or “Charging is not supported with this accessory.”, etc.
- Application issues: Safari browser, email and other programs opening and closing spontaneously.
If you have made sure that your iPhone 6 has been damaged by water. I think what you only can do is to backup your data of iPhone 6. Anyway, you can’t lost your iPhone data while losing your iPhone 6. There are three ways that you can backup your iPhone 6 data.
Method 1: Backup your iPhone via iTunes Connect your iPhone 6 and run iTunes. Then right click on your iPhone’s name and choose “Backup”. iTunes can backup your iPhone in a few minutes.
Method 2: Backup your iPhone via iCloud Go to Settings > iCloud (sign in here if you’re out) > Back Up Now.
Method 3: Backup your iPhone with Dr.Fone for iOS Since the former two ways can’t backup all your data on your iPhone 6 and you perhaps didn’t sync your iPhone 6 to iTunes/iCloud before. Under this condition, you can useWondershare Dr.Fone for iOS. It can scan your iPhone 6 directly to find all the data including contacts, message, notes, etc and then selectively recover the lost data of iPhone 6 to computer. (Read its review)
If you are using Mac, pls use Mac Wondershare Dr.Fone for iOS.
Now, get the software at below and follow the following the steps to backup data from water damaged iPhone 6.
How to recover data from water damaged iPhone 6 directly
Step 1: Choose right Recovery Mode and Scan iPhone 6
Connect your iPhone 6 to your computer and open iPhone Data Recovery program. There are three recovery modes on the interface. Just choose “Recover from iOS Devices”. Then click on”Start Scan” button to deeply scan your data on iPhone 6
Step 2: Preview and recover the data
Once the scan ends, you can preview all the contents of your iPhone 6, including messages, iMessages, contacts, etc on the left. You can choose the data categories that you want to recover. Then click “Recover” to save them on your computer. You can see the search box on the top right interface, so you can search for the exact contact you want to recover.
That’s all. Is it easy? Of course, if you didn’t push water on your iPhone 6, it will be easier. So just be more careful.
Wondershare Dr.Fone for Android - First aid to recover deleted or lost contacts, text messages, photos, videos, audio files, documents, whatsapp history, call history, etc from Android phones and tablets.
Wondershare MobileTrans - One click and risk-free solution to move contacts, text messages, call logs, calendar, photos, music, video and apps between iPhone, Android, Blackberry and Nokia(Symbian) phones.
Wondershare TunesGo - Transfer and copy music, videos, playlists and other media files from iPhone, iPad and iPod touch to iTunes and PC with no difficulty.