Due to Blu-ray has the advantage of a high storage capacity, it is well so popular among film market. Blu-ray Discs with up to 1080P resolution, at up to 60 (59.94) fields or 60 frames per second. Scratching your head and wanna find a way to rip Blu-ray to AVI with subtitles either for backup or convenient playback/share? Here is a good option: get a professional Blu-ray ripper and convert Blu-ray to AVI keeping subtitles with ease. After the conversion, you can surely play your movies on computer, HDTV, portable devices; share them on YouTube and more to have fun.
To convert Blu-ray to AVI files on PC or Mac, it’s quite clear that you need to prepare source Blu-ray movie (either in Blu-ray disc or Blu-ray folder), a computer with enough storage space, data transfer cable if you want to convert Blu-ray to AVI files for portable devices like mobile phones, etc. Besides these, 2 more things are of the most important:
- A Blu-ray disc drive: especially needed when you want to rip Blu-ray disc to AVI file. Most new computers have no Blu-ray disc drive pre-installed. You need to get one for reading Blu-ray discs before you could rip and convert Blu-ray discs.
- Software to realize Blu-ray to AVI conversion: simply speaking, you need a Blu-ray to AVI converter that is able to handle Blu-ray to AVI conversion task fast and with ease. Taking the disc protection of Blu-ray into account, this Blu-ray to AVI converter need to be better to remove disc protection like AACS, BD+ and others.
Now let’s go ahead to the steps to convert Blu-ray to AVI files with one of the top Blu-ray Rippers- Pavtube BDMagic. It has an intuitive interface and enables you to convert Blu-ray to AVI with selected subtitles and audio tracks while Maintaining the Original Audio and Video Effect. In addition, it enables you to convert Blu-ray/DVD to almost all other popular video formats like H.265 MP4, H.264 MP4, m3u8, MOV, AVI, FLV, 3GP, MPEG-2,VOB, MKV, WMV, etc. and even extract audio in MP3, WMA, OGG, FLAC, etc. formats. Get it now and follow the detailed steps below to get all done fast, it’s really simple:
- Pavtube old official address: http://www.pavtube.cn/blu-ray-ripper/
- Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-BDMagic/3000-7970_4-75922877.html
Backup Blu-ray to AVI video for External Drive as Private Use on PC/Mac
1. Insert the Blu-ray disc into your Blu-ray drive and then load the Blu-ray movies to the program by clicking the disc icon. A Blu-ray usually contains several subtitles and audio tracks. Just click to select the subtitles and audio soundtracks you need.
2. Next, click the Format bar. You can then choose AVI from the drop-down list as the output file format. Here, you can choose “DivX AVI – Audio Video Interleaved(DivX)(*.avi)” or “Xvid AVI – Audio Video Interleaved(Xvid)(*.avi)” from the “Common Video” list.
Tip: You can then personalize the output video by setting the video/audio parameters like resolution, frame rate, audio quality, bit rate, etc. Here, you will see detailed parameters, estimated target files size and free disk space. If you want a smaller size when the free disk apace is not enough, you can choose to adjust Bitrates (kbps) and Size (pix). Choosing a little lower Bitrates and Size will help you to get a smaller target file.
3. When you’re sure everything is OK, click the Convert button of the best Blu-ray to AVI Converter. It will begin ripping Blu-ray to AVI keeping subtitles immediately. You can see the Time elapsed and Time left and it will keep you informed of timely state of conversion. A definite number will give you a clear progress of conversion.
Once completed, you can click “Open” button on the interface to bring you to the output files. Now enjoy or edit your wonderful Blu-ray movies!
Other Tips: How to play AVI files on Mac?
You get 3 choices: get QuickTime Component (Perian), make use of 3rd-party Mac media player like Free Mac AVI Players or convert AVI to Mac compatible formats like MOV, MP4, M4V, etc. for further play back AVI files on Apple’s iOS devices like iPad, iPhone, etc.