Want to rip and copy Blu-rays on Mac ( OS Sierra/OS X 10.11 El Capitan), but MakeMKV fails to work? This article is about how to rip Blu-ray/DVD on Mac use the best alternative to MakeMKV.
MakeMKV is a two-click method to rip your DVDs and Blu-ray discs, and store them in an open-source MKV file. MakeMKV decrypts proprietary discs and converts them into MKV files, preserving most information but not changing it in any way. In fact, MakeMKV is a popular conversion program to convert Blu-ray and DVD disc to MKV files bypassing the DVD and Blu-ray copy protection.
Outstanding features of MakeMKV:
1. Reads and accesses DVD and Blu-ray discs.
2. Reads DVD and Blu-ray discs protected with latest versions of Copy Encryptions.
3. Preserves all video and audio tracks, including DTS and AAC audio.
4. MakeMKV can preserve Chapters information.
5. MakeMKV offers fast conversion – converts as fast as your drive can read data.
6. MakeMKV is Cross-Platform for Windows, Mac OS X and Linux.
However, it can’t always work well, especially on Yosemite and El Capitan. Plus, MakeMKV has some limits, for example, it has the capacity to rip Blu-ray to MKV format only. No worry, I’ve got some help and get the best MakeMKV attentive for Mac OS Sierra. If you are looking for one, check it out below.
Hot Search: HandBrake Alternative for Mac | AnyDVD for Mac alternative | Perian Alternative for Mac | FFmpeg Alternative | DVDFab Alternative for Mac
Use MakeMKV El Capitan Alternative to Rip Blu-ray/DVD on Mac 10.11
The highly recommended MakeMKV El Capitan Alternative is Pavtube ByteCopy for Mac. It also supports both Mac OS Sierra and Mac OS X El Capitan 10.11. Pavtube ByteCopy for Mac is an intuitive and insanely fast Blu-ray/DVD copying and converting tool. With it, you can effortlessly achieve all your multimedia demands on Mac OS Sierra. It can backup Blu-ray/DVD to MKV with all languages and subtitles preserving Dolby Digital 5.1 and 7.1 audio. Readreview.
Free download and install ByteCopy on your MacOS Sierra:
- Pavtube old official address: http://www.pavtube.cn/bytecopy-mac/
- Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-ByteCopy/3000-7970_4-76177783.html
How to use Pavtube ByteCopy for Mac to backup Blu-ray/DVD via MacOS Sierra?
Step 1: Add Blu-ray/DVD video
Hit on “ Load File” to load Blu-ray/DVD file to your MakeMKV for Mac Alternative . It will automatically choose the main movie title to backup.
Step 2: Target output format and start the process
Almost all popular video, audio and device are well categorized in this software output format list. If you want to convert DVD/Blu-ray to some video format for use, just choose the video format as the output format. To start converting DVD/Blu-ray, you just simply click the “Convert” button at the bottom-right corner of the interface.
More highlights of the MakeMKV El Capitan Alternative:
- Supported OS: MacOS 10.12 Sierra, Mac OS X El Capitan 10.11, Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite, 10.9 Mavericks, 10.8 Mountain Lion, 10.7 Lion, Snow Leopard10.6, Leopard 10.5.
- Best DVD/Blu-ray to multi-track MKV, MP4, MOV, Apple ProRes MOV solution.
- Capability of extracting SRT, ASS, SSA subtitles from Blu-ray/DVD movies.
- Support to encode H.265/HEVC codec from the latest DVD/Blu-ray disc.
- Powerful video editing feature: trimming footage, cropping black area and adding watermarks.
- It does work for DVD/Blu-ray: rip, backup, convert and edit DVD/Blu-ray movies to other video formats, likeM3U8, H.265, 3D MP4, lossless MKV.