News about iPad Air 2 is everywhere, just like iPhone 6. There’re rumors going around that the new iPad Air features a 9.7-inch screen, 2GB of RAM, Apple’s A8 processor and an 8 mega-pixel camera, although Apple hasn’t disclosed the specifications officially. iPad Air 2 must be amazing and always makes more at your fingertips while less in your hands. Wanna hit an artful homerun for hassle-free enjoyment of any videos on iPad Air without video format compatible issues? Read this article to figure out iPad Air 2 File Formats and Video Tips.
iPad Air 2 supported video formats for playback:
|H.264 video format||
Up to 1080p, 60 frames/second, High Profile level 4.2 with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats
|MPEG-4 video format||Up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 x 480 pixels, 30 frames/second with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps/ channel, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats|
|Motion JPEG||Up to 35 Mbps, 1280 x 720 pixels, 30 frames/second audio in ulaw, PCM stereo audio in .avi file format|
iPad Air 2 audio formats supported:
AAC and HE-AAC (bitrate from 8 to 320 Kbps); Protected AAC (DRM copy protection used on the iTunes Store); MP3 (8 to 320 Kbps) and MP3 VBR; Audible (formats 2, 3, 4, Audible Enhanced Audio, AAX, and AAX+); ALAC (Apple Lossless), AIFF and WAV.
- Best Video Formats for iPhone 6 (Plus)
iPad Mini 3 Best Video Formats and Video Tips
- Amazon Fire Phone File Formats, Tips & Tricks
1. A high-resolution video with a low bit-rate will produce a more blurry image as well as visible signs of “artifacting” (distortion, blocking effects and jagged edges) on high-motion action sequences. If storage space is of primary concern, encoding at lower bit-rates will naturally save some space, but this will come at the cost of video quality. Any bit-rate less than 1 mbps for 640×480 content will generally be too low to produce reasonably viewable TV output.
2. Another very important consideration when trying to decide on the optimal iPad Air 2 video format in which to encode your content is the aspect ratio of the original source content.
Aspect ratio simply refers to the ratio of the width of the image to the height of the image as shown on screen. There are three common aspect ratios in use for commercial video content today:
- 4:3 used for almost all standard-definition TV broadcast content.
- 16:9 used for almost all high-definition TV content (HDTV) and many theatrical DVD releases.
iPad Air 2 Video Playback Tips- Recommended Tools to Render Blu-ray/DVD/Video to an iPad Air 2-ready Video Format
1. To get videos compatible with iPad Air 2, you need to:
- Check out our iPad Air 2 supported video formats listed above.
- Get a converting tol for iPad Air 2, like Pavtube Video Converter.
- Convert video to iPad Air 2 video formats supported (one of the three) and that’s all.Useful guides: Mac Solution: Best iPad Video Tools for All iPad Models | Play all videos on iPad Air
2. Using Pavtube DVDAid which enables users to rip DVDs directly to iPad Air 2 compatible formats as well as MP4, MOV, and M4V for playback. It is available to fast rip any DVD disc, ISO image file and DVD folder, including strongly copy protected Disney DVDs. (Mac solution: Convert DVD Movies to iPad Air)
3. Pavtube BDMagic supports converting Blu-ray and DVD to be friendly with iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3, iPad Mni 2 and smartphones including iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 5S, iPhone 5C, as well as iPod, etc.
4. And the fretful experience of inability to play all media files on iPad Air 2 will no longer exist with an all-in-one DVD, Blu-ray, HD Video converter for iPad Air 2.
In this article, we have look at the iPad Air 2 video format so that those looking to convert their own video content can make informed decisions about the options available and the best resolution and format to use for the best possible viewing experience. (Read iPad Air 2 transferring tips)
About iPad Air 2
A new 6th-generation 9.7-inch iPad with 30-40% higher pixel density (rumor), which will arrive in October, 2014.